Aromatase inhibitors or blockers are a class of drugs that are used to lower blood estrogen concentrations and increase levels of testosterone and gonadotropin hormones. Aromatase blockers are also used to treat and prevent gynecomastia in men.
In bodybuilding, aromatase inhibitors are most often used during a course of anabolic steroids for:
- gynecomastia prevention
- increased levels of anabolic hormones in the blood
- increased relief (by eliminating the negative effects of estrogen)
- hypertension prevention
- decrease in estrogenic suppression of the axis of the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes, which leads to a faster recovery.
When building a course, it should be borne in mind that not all anabolic steroids are subject to aromatization. The use is justified with the introduction of drugs such as testosterone and its derivatives, methandrostenolone, methyltestosterone. Slightly aromatized boldenone, halotestin.
The tactics of most domestic athletes are reduced to the use of aromatase inhibitors when the first signs of gynecomastia appear (swelling, itching in the nipples, redness). However, this approach is not optimal.
A compromise option is to use a moderate or low dosage of anastrozole with an orientation to subjective sensations. If after the appointment there is a drop in libido, erectile dysfunction, depression, then it is necessary to lower the dose. Read steroid courses in more detail.
Effects of taking aromatase inhibitors:
It should be noted that not all anabolic steroids have a tendency to aromatize in the body. The use of aromatase inhibitors is necessary when using steroid drugs based on testosterone, as well as drugs such as methyltestosterone and methandrostenolone. Halotestin, boldenone are also prone to slight aromatization. Letrozole in bodybuilding and other aromatase inhibitors in sports are used during a course of anabolic drugs to achieve the following positive effects:
- elimination and prevention of gynecomastia in an athlete;
- prevent high blood pressure;
- an increase in the concentration of anabolic steroid hormones;
- elimination of the negative influence of estrogens allows you to add relief to the athlete’s body;
- the negative effect on the axis of the hypothalamus-pituitary-testes decreases, which leads to an accelerated restoration of sexual function.
A moderate concentration of estrogen in the athlete’s body has a beneficial effect on muscle growth, therefore, taking antiestrogens in therapeutic dosages, it is possible to maintain the physiologically necessary level of estrogen in the blood.
In what dosages to take aromatase inhibitors:
Most athletes begin to take aromatase inhibitors when there are side estrogen effects, which is not entirely correct. It is best to plug in the use of these drugs in therapeutic dosages before the onset of symptoms. The most popular and affordable aromatase blockers are:
- Aromasin. If gynecomastia occurs, you need to take 25 mg daily until the symptoms disappear, then continue taking it at a therapeutic dose.
- Anastrozole for the prevention of side estrogen effects is taken at 0.5 mg daily. If there are already signs of gynecomastia, then the daily dose is 1 mg of the active substance. According to the disappearance of gynecomastia, the dose is equal to the prophylactic.
In bodybuilding and sports, aromatase inhibitors play a large role, so they must be taken by all athletes using steroid drugs to improve their physical fitness. But it is worth remembering the correct dosages of antiestrogens and mandatory consultation with a specialist to calculate the correct course of administration, otherwise negative side reactions may occur.
Good research before moving to the buy supplements department in Balkapharm Online Store ensures that you don’t tend to the wrong steroid. Gender, age and other environmental factors are effective in manifesting side effects.