Plank – is one of the most popular isometric exercises for working out the abdominal muscles Exercise Plank .
· Full body stabilization;
· Focus on the work of stabilizing abdominal muscles and muscles of the middle back;
· Closed circuit;
· With own body weight;
· Intermediate and advanced levels of fitness.
Exercises such as the “plank pose” help strengthen the stamina of stabilizing abdominal muscles. It can also help relieve back pain associated with a weakening of the function of the stabilizing muscles of the body.
A brief description of the exercise
Its main goal is to maintain stabilization and balance of all parts of the body. Start at 10 second intervals and gradually move on to 60 second intervals.
· Abdominal muscle group;
· Torso: A square muscle of the lower back, a muscle that straightens the spine, a group of adductors, medium and small gluteal muscles;
· Shoulder joints: The foreparts of the deltoid muscles, the pectoralis major muscles and the shoulder rotator muscles;
· Shoulders: Anterior dentate, rhomboid and lower trapezius Exercise Plank;
· Hands: A group of biceps and triceps muscles of the shoulder.
· The position of the lying emphasis, resting on straight arms and toes Exercise Plank of elongated legs (distance between the lower extremities at the width of the hips).
· Hands are located at the level of the upper chest, at a distance slightly wider than the width of the shoulders.
· Keep the spine neutral; engage in “abdominal stabilization” by pulling abdominal muscles.
· Chest straightened. Lower the shoulder blades, activating the anterior dentate muscles and the lower parts of the trapezius muscles.
Tips for the correct technique of doing the exercise:
· Do not round or bend your back. Keep your pelvis in a neutral position Exercise Plank and your spine straight.
· Do not slouch or hunch. Keep your chest flat and the shoulder blades flattened.
· Do not hold your breath. Breathe freely and naturally.
If you cannot hold the plank for 30 seconds, hold this position for 5-10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds and repeat as many times as necessary to stand for 30 seconds in total. Each next workout, try to hold out longer to gain 30 seconds in fewer reps. If you want more variety, do the “plank” at an angle of 45 degrees, on your knees – so you gradually get to the standard “plank”.
You think twisting will help you lose weight. Scientists have found that in order to burn 0.45 kilograms of body fat, you need to perform 250 thousand repetitions of twisting, that is, 100 repetitions daily for seven years. You will not be able Exercise Plank to get rid of abdominal fat by training only the abdominal muscles. The best weight loss strategy is to train your whole body muscles with special attention to the large muscles of your lower body and back. The more muscle in your body you make to work, the more calories you burn.
Option N1. Plank at an angle of 45 degrees
• Put your forearms on a bench.
Exercise will be easier to perform with the elbows on the bench, as you will have to maintain less weight. The elbows should be positioned so that between the arms and the body an angle of 90 degrees is formed.
Option N2. Knee plank
• Exercise with your knees bent.
The body forms a straight line from the head to the knees.
Option N3. Plank with raised legs
• Put the socks of both legs on the bench.
This position increases the degree of difficulty of the exercise.
Option N4. Plank with a raised leg
• Place one foot on the bench and keep the other a short distance from the bench. Change your supporting leg each approach.
Option N5. Plank with forward hands position
• Take a push-up position from the floor, then move your arms forward 15–20 cm from your shoulders.
The further your hands are exposed, the more difficult the exercise.
Option N6. Wide plank on one leg
• Put your legs wider than your shoulders, keep one leg a short distance from the floor. Each approach, change the supporting leg.
Option N7. Wide plank with diagonally raised arm
• Put your legs wider than your shoulders.
• Raise the straight right hand (thumb up) and hold it diagonally in relation to the body.
• Hold this position for 5-10 seconds, then change the support arm. This will be one repetition.
Option N8. Wide plank with the opposite arm and leg
• Put your legs wider than your shoulders.
• Raise and straighten your right arm and left leg. Hold this position for 5-10 seconds, then change the supporting arm and leg. This will be one repetition.
Option N9. Plank on a Swiss ball
• Rest your forearms on a Swiss ball
When performing this exercise on a Swiss ball, the abdominal muscles are worked out twice as efficiently as compared to a similar exercise performed from the floor.
Option N10. Plank on a Swiss ball and with legs on a bench
• Rest your forearms on a Swiss ball, and put your feet on a bench.
The feet and elbows are on the same level as this exercise is performed on the floor. However, the instability of the Swiss ball requires more effort in order to hold this position.
Option N1. Side plank with bent legs
• Bend your legs at an angle of 90 degrees.
With legs bent at the knees, the weight you need to hold is reduced.
Option N2. Side plank with a roll
• Start the side plank on the right side. Hold for 1-2 seconds, then roll over and stand on both elbows – in the position of the standard plank. Hold for a second. Then roll back and stand on your left elbow. You are now executing the side plank in the opposite direction. Hold for 1-2 seconds. This will be one repetition. When rolling, hold the whole body in a fixed position.
Option N3. Side plank with legs on the bench
• Put your feet on a bench.
Lifting the legs on the bench increases the difficulty of the exercise.
Option N4. Side plank with legs on a Swiss ball
• Put your feet on a Swiss ball.
The instability of the Swiss ball makes the muscles of the middle part of the body work more intensive.
Option N5. Side plank on one leg
• Lift your right leg as high as possible and keep it in this position throughout the exercise.
Tighten your middle body muscles.
Option N6. Side plank with a raised knee
• Lift your left leg to your chest and keep it in this position throughout the exercise.
Do not lower your hips and maintain a natural curvature of the lower back.
Option N7. Side plank with body rotation
• Take the position of the side plank and raising the straight right hand perpendicular to the floor.
• Turn the body and stretch with your right hand to the left side. Then rotate the body to its original position and raise your hand again. Its will be one repetition.
Throughout the exercise, keep your middle body muscles tense.
Option N8. Plyometric side plank
• Raise your upper leg slightly. Move it forward and backward at a measured pace.
Leg movements increase the load on the muscles of the middle part of the body, forcing them to work more intensively, since it is necessary to maintain balance with a changing center of gravity.
Before you begin this exercise, make sure that you are able to hold the side plank for 60 seconds.
Option N9. Side plank with a cable simulator
• Attach the handle to the cable installed in the lower position. Take the handle with your right hand.
• Tighten the muscles of the middle part of the body and, turning on the left side, take the position of the side plank.
• Bend your right arm at the elbow and pull the handle to your chest, keeping your hips raised and slightly forward.
• Slowly stretch out your hand in front of you. This will be one repetition.
The hand must be straight. Keep the cable taut. Hold your hips and shoulders in initial pozition.
· Lie on your left side, legs straight.
· Lift the body while holding onto your left elbow and forearm.
· Tighten your abdominals as if you were expecting a hit in the stomach.
· Lift the hips so that the body forms a straight line from the head to the legs. Keep your body weight on the outside of your left foot, left elbow and forearm.
· Breathe deeply throughout the exercise.
· Hold this position for 30 seconds (unless otherwise specified). This will be one repetition.
· Roll onto your right side and repeat the exercise.
If you cannot hold the side plank for 30 seconds, hold this position for 5-10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds and repeat as many times as necessary to stand for 30 seconds in total. Each next workout, try to hold out longer to gain 30 seconds in fewer reps.
Good research before moving to the buy supplements department in Balkapharm Online Store ensures that you don’t tend to the wrong steroid. Gender, age and other environmental factors are effective in manifesting side effects.