The need for protein intake for weight loss and relief work is dictated by the following:
1. Weight loss, first of all, means a low-calorie diet, it leads to protein deficiency, which cannot be allowed, as it can lead to many diseases. In particular, the reduction of the body’s immune defenses disrupts the synthesis of connective tissue proteins of the dermis and its appendages: the skin loses its elasticity becomes dry and flabby, premature wrinkles are formed, hair thins and grows poorly. The menstrual cycle is disturbed. There are psychological problems – asthenia.
2. Feeling a lack of protein, the body includes adaptive responses aimed at the synthesis of vital polypeptides (enzymes, receptors, nutrients, hemoglobin, etc.) from the breakdown products of less important, while primarily destroying contractile proteins, i.e. muscle mass is lost.
3. Fatty acid degradation: β-oxidation occurs with the participation of a large number of enzymes, i.e. proteins. Roughly speaking, fat burning is impossible without the participation of proteins.
4. Assimilation of proteins requires 30% more energy than the assimilation of carbohydrates or fats, so the actual caloric content of proteins is not 4.1 kcal, but about 3 kcal per 1 g. In order to compensate for increased energy expenditure, the body begins to use its energy reserve – fat depot (so-called specifically dynamic action of food). It is estimated that its consumption increases by 30-40%. Not surprisingly, in such conditions, adipose tissue begins to be actively consumed, compensating for the needs of the body.
5. Under conditions of weight loss and drying, the body tries to maintain homeostasis, that is, when it receives nutrients, it tries to create energy reserves in the form of fat. Unlike carbohydrates, the intake of amino acids does not cause accelerated fat synthesis.
6. Protein not only requires more time to digest, but also prolongs the process of assimilation of carbohydrates. This lowers the total glycemic index of the food consumed and allows you to maintain adequate blood sugar levels for a long time without insulin spikes. And this makes it possible to effectively and without problems cope with feeling of hunger.
The best protein for weight loss
In 2000, a randomized, prospective study “The effect of protein on body composition in a low-calorie diet and regular exercise” was conducted. The researchers compared the results of a diet for weight loss and drying for 12 weeks with the use of slow protein (casein) and fast protein (whey). Three groups of people were formed.
· The first group of 10 people followed only a diet.
· The second group of 14 people followed a diet, exercised and took casein at a dose of 1.5 grams per 1 kilogram of body weight.
· The third group of 14 people also followed a diet, exercised and took 1.5 grams of whey protein per 1 kg of body weight.
Conclusion: All three groups lost approximately 2.5 kg of body weight. At the same time, the group that followed only a diet reduced the percentage of fat by only 2%, without changing the strength indicators. The best results in reducing the percentage of body fat were obtained in groups that took protein. Casein reduced the percentage of fat from 26 to 18%, the growth of muscle mass was about 4 kg. whey protein reduced the percentage of fat from 27 to 23%, the increase in muscle mass was about 2 kg. It follows that the group using casein achieved the best performance in burning fat and gaining muscle mass.
Use slow or complex proteins in your diet, which can make up 50% of your total protein intake per day, the remaining 50% should come from food, but recent studies have shown that whey protein has a higher thermogenic effect and better preserves muscle, so remains the optimal choice, while casein more effectively suppresses appetite and can be used as an adjunct during hunger and in the evening.
How and when to take?
Take protein in the morning, 1 hour before training and 1 hour after training, as well as in between meals. The size of one portion is 30 grams (1 measuring scoop). The daily norm is ~ 2g per 1kg of weight loss and drying.
– Protein for gaining muscle mass
– Lactose-free protein and gainer
– Calculation of daily protein requirements
– How to take protein
– How much protein do you need per day
– The best time to take protein
– How often you need to take protein
Good research before moving to the buy supplements department in Balkapharm Online Store ensures that you don’t tend to the wrong steroid. Gender, age and other environmental factors are effective in manifesting side effects.